Specializing in Ventless Gas Logs and Ventless Fireplaces
Top Ten Reasons to Own a Ventless (Vent-Free) Gas Appliance
- 17 million + units installed in U.S. since 1980
- Outstanding safety record per Consumer Product Safety Commission data
- 49 states permit installation, New York State added in 1998 and Massachusetts in 2004
- National Fuel Gas Code/NFPA 54 ANSI Z223.1 permitted use since 1980. Accepted by all major building and mechanical codes in the U.S. including the IMC and the UMC.
- Air volume requirements for combustion identical to vented products per NFPA 54
- Scientific IAQ Research confirms that products perform well below recognized IAQ guidelines
- Required ODS/Oxygen Detection Safety Pilot equivalent to electric circuit breaker
- Safety features include automatic gas valve, internal regulator, precision burners, piezo-ignitor.
- 100% compliance of U.S. products listed to ANSI Z21.11.2 standard since 1980. Fixed installation plumbed to fuel supply enhances safety, and …
- All manufacturers recommend use as supplemental heat except during power outage