Specializing in Ventless Gas Logs and Ventless Fireplaces
What exactly are Vent-Free (Ventless) Gas Products, Such as Inserts, Stoves and Fireplaces?
Vent-free gas heating appliances operate without a chimney, flue or vent, so you can install one just about anywhere without making a hole in the wall or roof.
A variety of vent-free gas products are available including space heaters, fireplaces, stoves, fireplace inserts, and gas logs.
Modern vent-free gas heating appliances:
- are affordable to buy and provide heat for pennies per hour;
- deliver a remarkable 99% energy efficiency;
- provide reliable warmth during power failures;
- add aesthetic beauty and value to a home;
- are design-certified by national testing laboratories to the latest national safety standards (ANSI Z21.11.2);
- are proven to meet today's most rigorous air quality recommendations; and
- can be purchased for use with either natural gas or propane.
Well over 13 million American homes - and tens of millions of households worldwide - already enjoy the comfort and convenience of vent-free gas heating products. In fact, more Americans are buying ventfree gas appliances than any other type of supplemental gas heating product.
How Ventless Gas Appliances Work
Vent-free gas heating products operate on natural gas or propane - most require no electricity. Every ventfree room heater, fireplace, log set, or stove is permanently connected to a line fueled by natural gas or propane.
Whether you're interested in a simple space heater for a room addition or the basement workshop, or a luxury fireplace for the corner of your formal dining room, there's a vent-free gas product to meet your needs.
No matter what type of vent-free gas heating appliance you're interested in, all these products:
- are energy efficient;
- heat for pennies per hour; and
- eliminate the need for wood.
The nation's vent-free gas heating product manufacturers offer a wide range of products that include:
- SPACE HEATERS
- A variety of large and small vent-free space heaters are available - from 5,000 to 40,000 Btu - with numerous cabinet and burner designs. Space heaters must be permanently installed on the wall or mounted on a floor stand. As the most cost-effective vent-free appliance, space heaters offer the optimum in installation flexibility.
- GAS LOGS
- Installed in a traditional masonry or listed factory-built fireplace designed for wood burning, vent-free gas logs operate with the fireplace damper closed, which allows all the heat to stay in the room and not go up the chimney. Choose from a wide variety of amazingly realistic wood styles, including driftwood, oak, weathered oak, maple, pine, aspen, birch, split logs, and many others.
- A vent-free gas fireplace insert is easily installed within existing masonry or factory-built fireplaces. Inserts deliver the unbeatable heating efficiency of vent-free gas logs, but some also offer a blower for improved heat distribution.
- USE YOUR OLD MASONRY FIREPLACE
- If you have a traditional fireplace, you're already aware of how inefficient they are, as well as the associated odors, mess, and inconvenience. All you need to do is install a set of vent-free gas logs in your existing fireplace. Or if it is damaged or inoperable, simply install a fireplace insert. These inserts include gas logs and also offer a blower for improved heat distribution.
- GAS FIREPLACES
- Ventfree gas fireplaces look just like traditional fireplaces, but are available in full-size or compact models. Because there's no chimney or vent, they can be installed against or into any interior or external wall at a fraction of the cost of a traditional fireplace installation.
These fireplaces can fit in a corner, serve as an open room divider, be located under a viewing window, or be placed in any other spot where there's access to a gas line. Recent hearth innovations include mini fireplaces for virtually any room in the home; an extremely efficient infrared ember bed that produces high heat output from low gas input; a fully automatic remote control providing instant ignition as well as precise control of thermostatic heating level, on- and off times, flame height, and flow rate from 8,000 to 40,000 Btu/hr; and a new universal mantel system that can be used on many different brands and types of fireplaces.
- GAS STOVES
- They're easily mistaken for wood stoves, but cost considerably less to install and operate. And with a ventfree gas stove, there's no flue, no hole in the ceiling or wall, no wood to chop and haul, no soot, and no ashes to clean up.
Heat Where You Need It
You can lower the thermostat of your central heating system by adding supplemental heat in a primary gathering area of your home, such as the:
- living room
- family room
- dining room
- home office
- play room
Vent-free gas heating products are available in various styles to suit every application and location in your home. From glamorous to functional, from modern to traditional, there's a vent-free appliance that fits your needs.
Limited use areas
A vent-free gas heater is also ideal to warm limited use, hard-to-heat areas such as a basement, garage, room addition, sun porch, or recreation room.
Install them almost anywhere
Because you don't need a chimney, a vent-free gas heating product can be installed almost anywhere - even along an inside wall. In contrast, installing a traditional wood fireplace is a major (and costly) construction project.
With a vent-free gas fireplace or heater, you have complete flexibility in designing or redesigning your room.
Zone Heat and Save Energy Dollars
A vent-free gas product can reduce your heating costs by allowing you to "zone heat." Use your vent-free unit to provide abundant heat for the rooms in most frequent use, and turn down your central heating thermostat. In actual usage, homeowners spend most of their time in just a few rooms of the house, such as the kitchen or family room. So placing a vent-free gas appliance in a heavily used area can significantly save on heating fuel costs.
Precise Comfort Control
With today's new options in thermostatic wall mounted or hand held remote controls for vent-free heating appliances, it has never been easier to keep your room at the exact level of heating comfort you want. Just dial in a temperature and your vent-free unit will maintain that temperature in the room. You can even set your control to have your vent-free appliance automatically go on and off at specific times.
Indoor Air Quality
The primary gas combustion byproducts that can affect indoor air quality are carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, oxygen, and water vapor. Today's vent-free heating products operate well within nationally recognized standards and recommendations for all five elements. These low emission levels are confirmed by independent American Gas Association Research testing. Research test results proved that vent-free gas heating products meet or exceed the most current and applicable nationally recognized standards and recommendations for indoor air quality.
Indoor Relative Humidity
Independent research testing has also proven that, for the vast majority of homes in the U.S., vent-free gas heating products DO NOT generate enough water vapor to raise indoor humidity levels high enough to foster mold growth.
An Outstanding Safety Record
Vent-free gas heating appliances have compiled an outstanding safety record in millions of American homes. That's because, since 1980, vent-free gas products have been equipped with a unique safety pilot system called an Oxygen Detection Safety-Pilot, or ODS.
The ODS continuously monitors the oxygen level in the room. If the ODS detects a reduced level of oxygen (approaching 18%), the ODS automatically shuts off the gas supply and the flame extinguishes. (Many factors in a home may cause the oxygen level to be reduced.) The unit will not operate until the room is properly ventilated with adequate oxygen.